It's time to encourage Heads of State to attend the UN Summit on NCDs!
Note: A record 34 Heads of State attended the UN Summit on NCDs.
Take Action Now
1. Learn the Facts - Find out why Non-Communicable Disease (NCDs) are a Global Crises
3. Paste the Letter into an email and send to your UN Ambassador - Find out how to contact your UN Ambassador
5. Ask Leaders to Face Up To It - Join Lance Armstrong and others in the Face Up To It Facebook Campaign
6. Watch the new animated video on the Summit - Click Here
Confirmed Head of State Attendance
Tanzania - Dr Jakaya Kikwete
Trinidad and Tobago - Kamla Persad-Bissessar
Mexico - Felipe Calderón
Togo - Faure Gnassingbé
Bangladesh - Sheik Hasina
Russia - Dmitry Anatolyevich Medvedev
Panama - Presidente Ricardo Martinelli
Brazil - Presidente Dilma Rousef
Peru - Jefe de Estado Sr. Ollanta Humala y
Pakistan - Asif Ali Zardari
Kenya - Mwai Kibaki
Slovenia - Danilo Turk
Hungary - Mr Pál Schmitt
St. Kitts & Nevis - Denzil L. Douglas
South Africa - Jacob Zuma
Barbados - Freundel Stuart
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - Dr. Hon. Ralph Gonsalves
Fiji - Prime Minister Commodore Voreqe Bainimarama
Strong Indications of Attendance
India - Pratibha Devisingh Patil
Chile - Sebastian Piñera Echeñique
Indonesia - Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono
Nepal - Ram Baran Yadav
Nigeria - Goodluck Jonathan
The NCD Alliance urges you to request that your Head of State helps to ensure that the meeting produces an outcomes document with strong recommendations and concrete time-bound targets, as outlined in the NCD Alliance Priority Language including:
- Acknowledgement of the health, social and economic burden of NCDs in the world, particularly in low- and middle-income countries.
- An increase in international development funds and technical assistance to NCD prevention and control.
- Accelerated implementation of the Framework Convention on Tobacco Control.
- Measures that address the availability and affordability of quality medicines and technologies to ensure that people living with NCDs can access life-saving treatments.
- Agreement to a global accountability, monitoring, reporting, and follow-up mechanism for the Summit.